Monday, May 21, 2007

Unappreciated

I found this on a friend's blog & had to post it. So me.

"What's it like to be unappreciated? It feels like you're not good enough. That nobody really cares. That all your hard work was for nothing. That you're of little value. What do you do when this feeling overwhelms you? Cry. Become angry. Become depressed. Pull within yourself. Stop giving. Become bitter. I have. I've done all of those...but you know what doing all those things did to me? It made me a sad, angry, depressed, withdrawn, selfish, bitter person. Nobody really wants to be like that do they? I know I don't. And I don't want to hang around somebody like that either. And being like that fixes nothing.


So...what should we do? "...fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith," (Hebrews 12:2) because He is the One we should be trying to please. Not our peers, not our parents, not our boyfriend or girlfriend, not our friends, not the people we look up to. Only God. Because He's the only one big enough to fill the void inside of you. You'll never be happy living your life for others. Live for Him and impressing everyone else, or receiving praise from everyone else won't seem quite so important anymore. "



No comments: