Monday, April 7, 2008

In Memory


As I'm sure most (if not all) of you know, Charlton Heston died over the weekend. Mr. Heston is well remembered in my family as the actor behind Moses, Judah Ben-Hur & El Cid.


Ben-Hur was my absolute-no-doubt-about-it favorite movie when I was nine & ten. I loved Ben-Hur & the chariot scene was watched until I wrecked the library's copy of it. (Hehe, oops) And last month I introduced my little sister, Princess Laura, to Ben Hur, & yes, she was enraptured. Although she might deny it if asked, she said while watching the chariot race "I like the guy with the white horses. I think I'll marry him. And the horses will come to our wedding." :D


My dad loves the Ten Commandments the best. Every time we watch it he says "We have to get this movie on DVD". Of course, he's been saying that for the past, oh, ten years? (Love you dad!)


But as I've gotten older, El Cid (which means The Hero) has become more of a favorite. Less well known than the other two, the story of honor, love & all that jazz, really is inspiring. But now, as my little sister wants the computer so I'll end with this quote from Mr. Heston on his announcing he had Alzheimer's"For an actor, the hardest thing is losing his audience. I can part the Red Sea, but I can't part with you."


BTW. he was married to the same woman for 64 years. Wow.

No comments: